Welcome to my first-ever blog!


THE PLAN: To write about the diverse things that catch my attention.


THE BUMMER: I really wanted to be the "Eclectic Blogger", but it was taken.


THE SOLUTION: I'm going to attempt to BE one, even if I can't be officially CALLED one.

This means that you can expect the subject matter to jump around as erratically as my short attention span does.


THE HOPE: That what you see here makes you smile...or think about things a little differently.


THE DREAM: Maybe, I might just get lucky and encourage you in some way.


YOUR JOB: Enjoy!

Friday, November 5, 2010

Nanowrimo 2010 Novel Writing Challenge

It's November and that means it's National Novel Writing Month.
That's Nanowrimo, for short.
This is the time of month that I dedicate to playing like I'm a real writer.
That's something I've always wanted to be, but never made the grade.
The challenge for Nanowrimo is to write a 50,000 word novel (using the word loosely).
This works out to be 1667 or so words per day, on average.
This is do-able but definitely not easy.
2010 is the 2nd year I've participated. Last year I was highly motivated and made my word count by the day before the deadline...even though I was working full time!
This year my motivations are different, it seems: I'm at day 5 and only have 5,112 words so far.
But, I'm still plugging along. Don't get me wrong. I'm still in the game.
My book project this year is the sequel to the unfinished project I started this time last year.
I'm not discouraged by this.
It is what it is.
(I can't believe I just said that! I hate it when people say that!)
I already have an "out" for if I don't reach the 50,000 word goal: No matter what my total words into my story are at the end of November, it's that many more than what I've written in the past year.
So, that would make me a winner!
Yay!
I'm easily entertained, as you can easily see.
Anyway, come join the fun at www.nanowrimo.org or think about a plot and some characters and join us in 2011 for the next novel writing frenzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment